When will CVS be replaced by modern version control system?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 14:40:37 UTC 2007

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:38:17 +0100
Christopher Aillon <caillon at redhat.com> wrote:

> I think Matej was implying we should point to the upstream repo and
> tagname instead of a tarball.  Then koji would checkout code from
> upstream without relying on us downloading, then subsequently
> uploading a tarball via make upload.

That might work if every single upstream were using such a mechanism,
and used proper tags in their source control for release (and didn't
just fix a few things in the tarball outside of the scm or scm tag).
It would also mean teaching koji about each and every possible scm, tag
syntax, etc...

Until the entire upstream world stops doing releases as tarballs, I
don't think it's appropriate to change how we consume releases in rpms.

--
Jesse Keating