When will CVS be replaced by modern version control system?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Nov 12 16:17:02 UTC 2007

Le Lun 12 novembre 2007 15:38, Christopher Aillon a écrit :

> I think Matej was implying we should point to the upstream repo and
> tagname instead of a tarball.

Please don't. Users want to know what fedora added to the tarball they
can download upstream (and check this tarball md5/sha1), not get a raw
VCS dump.

Also many upstreams perform manual changes on VCS dumps before turning
them into release archives, and you don't want to lose these changes
because they lead to strange bugs people that build from released
sources can not reproduce.

--
Nicolas Mailhot