Core 2 Duo not fast enough for Mplayer?

Tom Brinkman tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 12 21:21:14 UTC 2007

On Monday 12 November 2007 02:05:43 pm Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:58:53 +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote
>
> > No pulseaudio, no compiz, alsa audio, xv video, rawhide as of
> > yesterday.
> >
> > Maybe an mplayer bug.
>
> Definitely something shot in the audio department.
>
> -ao alsa stutters
> -ao oss stutters
> -ao pulse does not stutter (although there is no pulse daemon
> running, thus there is no sound)
> -ao null stutters
> -ao none does not stutter (this is actually an invalid option, go
> figure) -nosound does not stutter
>
> Whatever I am to make of that.

   No problems here with mplayer. Rawhide, duo-core, an none before
with past AMD UP (3000+), since FC-4

   Mplayer (codecs)
*  Which for good reason is not shipped by Fedora
*  Besides the OP stated a non-devel install
*  Both of the above make this a non-Fedora, an certainly not
   a -devel ML issue

   Seems odd to me that this question is similar to one that's been
asked recently, also involving Fedora an PA at the proper place
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/mailing_lists.html

--
    Tom Brinkman                       Corpus Christi, Texas