Deltarpms will be available for F7 -> F8 upgrade

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 05:50:34 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 16:31 -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
> Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 23:31 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >> Great. Is this planned to be default for Fedora 9?
> >>

> > I really hope so.  The real issue is that the build system needs to be
> > set up to generate the deltarpms and I don't know koji/bodhi.
> >
> > The idea is that when the buildsystem is able to generate deltarpms
> > (hopefully very soon), we'll start making the official repositories
> > presto-enabled.  *If* we don't have any problems, we *may* then make it
> > the default for Fedora 9.
> >
> > Jonathan
> >

> Sounds like a definite Feature worth tracking and getting some attention
> drawn to it.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy
>
> Let me know if you help with the feature page creation.
>
> John

This was already an approved Feature for Fedora 8, but got stuck in the
backlog because of higher priority problems for those working on
koji/bodhi.  See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeaturePresto.
It's now a proposed Feature for Fedora 9.

Thanks much for your interest.  I'm happy to have any attention drawn to
this feature.  The sooner the official repositories are presto-enabled,
the sooner I can stop maintaining the unofficial ones.

Jonathan