/tftpboot vs. /var/tftp vs. something else?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 15:34:10 UTC 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 6:35 AM, Alan Cox <alan at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 09:20:28PM -0700, Richi Plana wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 22:45 -0500, Warren Togami wrote:jA
> > > Edubuntu is using /var/lib/tftp as their tftpdir.  Should we use it as well?
>
> /tftpboot is the historical tradition going back about thirty years. Why
> break every script, every book and every third party management tool ?

What would be the proper RFC process to go over such a change? As in
say creating a /srv/fedora/ and start populating it with data or some
such? Or say putting in a notice that we would like to move /tftpboot
to something else and please give us feedback on how we can accomplish
this with the least amount of pain, and then putting it to a proper
engineering group to vote on it?