sending multiple (different) smolt profiles

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 09:31:01 UTC 2007

On 11/12/07, Yaakov Nemoy <loupgaroublond at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2007 3:54 AM, Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have 2 laptops and I used the smoltSendProfile and I seem to get the
> > same url for both laptops, ie. the later sent profile overwrites the
> > previous one...
> >
> > I'm sending both profiles from same adsl line and I'm behing a NAT
> > adsl router, so could this be an issue (same IP) ?
> >
> > Is this a feature or a bug?
> >
> > How can I send multiple laptop profiles and see them all online?
> >

> That URL is based off your "UUID" which is generated unique to smolt.
> It's found in either /etc/smolt for most distros, or
> /etc/sysconfig/hw-uuid.  if you copy this file around, then of course,
> it's going to look like you're using the same machine.  UUID
> management in the client needs a bit of work, but if you're looking
> for a new UUID in a hurry, in our mercurial repository, there's an
> install script for generating UUIDs.  Fetch it, make sure the source
> puts the UUID where it should go for your distro, (the script is in
> python, nothing terribly difficult), and run it.
>
> Feel free to post back if you have trouble with this, and I'll type up
> a longer step by step explanation.
>
> Cheers,
> Yaakov

Please look at this smoltprofile:
http://smolt.fedoraproject.org/show?UUID=c8dbb9d3-a9bd-4ba6-b92e-4a294ba5a95f

this was my older laptop HP Compaq nx9030, then my newer one overwrote
it with its profile (HP dv6426) and not it is some ones and completely
different laptop...

This uuid thing is broken in some way! How can this happen?

Valent,

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic