rpms/915resolution/devel 965GM.patch, NONE, 1.1 915resolution.spec, 1.11, 1.12

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 03:32:25 UTC 2007

Chris Weyl wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2007 11:51 AM, Adam Jackson <ajackson at redhat.com> wrote:
>>> If I may ask, what's the point of this in the devel
>>> branch, where we don't actually use the BIOS?
>> Seriously.  F9 won't have the i810 driver anymore.  915resolution can
>> die now.
>
> I suspect there will be few people happier than I when that finally
> happens.  However, this was also supposed to happen for FC-6, so I
> trust you won't object too much when want to see it first :)

The driver was there in FC6 and F7, just not enabled by default except
for known working chips.  With F8, most Intel hardware should be
defaulted to the modesetting driver.  And as of rawhide today, the i810
driver is gone, gone, gone :)

* Tue Nov 13 2007 Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> 2.1.99-1
- xf86-video-intel 2.1.99.
- Drop the i810 driver.  Time to move on.
- Require xserver 1.4.99.1

Jeremy