F8 is getting *really* sysadmin-hostile

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Thu Nov 15 23:22:22 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 14:40 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> You don't have to use libnm-glib at all; it's pretty simple to use
> straight D-Bus to do what needs to be done.

So what's libnm-glib? A library of convenience functions that allows one
to use NM via D-Bus? If so, does it depend on the rest of
NetworkManager? Perhaps that library can be separated and made a
dependency of pidgin.

If the scenario I painted above is correct, then it would make sense for
people to use those convenience functions to avoid having to rewrite the
same code over and over again (assuming the functions themselves are a
certain order of magnitude simpler than the functions they wrap). It
might add to the complexity of packaging but simplify programming.
Getting into the realm of no right and wrong ... just which one will
prove the smart choice further into the future.
--

Richi Plana