Package for Qt-Jambi?

Kelly Miller lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 20:23:06 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Unbuildable? In %build, you could set up your own local QTDIR and link
> from it to the original $QTDIR/$QTLIB locations.

Actually, I did before I even tried to build it.  The problem which
comes up here is not that I can override QTDIR, but that Fedora (and
AFAIK, every other Linux distro) doesn't keep the Qt headers in
$QTDIR/include .  This only makes sense, as headers are supposed to go
into /usr/include or /include, depending on importance.  However, the
build process looks for headers in $QTDIR/include at some point, and
despite extensive searching, I can't seem to locate exactly where.  As a
result, the only other option is to create a symbolic link from
/usr/include to $QTDIR/include, but that requires root access to run the
rpmbuild, and uh, I'm not so sure that's a fantastic idea...