F8 is getting *really* sysadmin-hostile

Kelly Miller lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 22:36:18 UTC 2007

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> There is a neat option I learned some time ago:
> nss_initgroups_ignoreusers root,ldap,named,avahi,haldaemon,dbus
>
> This (should) make ldap ignore these users (which exist locally,
> unless you manually removed them)

I knew there was a way of somehow doing this, because openSUSE does it
by default.  However, even if I could get the system to start up
properly here, I'd still run into a big problem; NetworkManager
currently seems to have trouble with specific static IP entries.  Which
I believe was the point at the beginning, wasn't it?