Package for Qt-Jambi?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Sat Nov 17 12:16:42 UTC 2007

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:23:06 -0500, Kelly Miller wrote:

> Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > Unbuildable? In %build, you could set up your own local QTDIR and link
> > from it to the original $QTDIR/$QTLIB locations.
> >
> Actually, I did before I even tried to build it.  The problem which
> comes up here is not that I can override QTDIR, but that Fedora (and
> AFAIK, every other Linux distro) doesn't keep the Qt headers in
> $QTDIR/include .  This only makes sense, as headers are supposed to go
> into /usr/include or /include, depending on importance.  However, the
> build process looks for headers in $QTDIR/include at some point, and
> despite extensive searching, I can't seem to locate exactly where.  As a
> result, the only other option is to create a symbolic link from
> /usr/include to $QTDIR/include, but that requires root access to run the
> rpmbuild, and uh, I'm not so sure that's a fantastic idea...

If you control the value of $QTDIR, you also control what $QTDIR/include
contains (or points to). I still don't understand where you need root
access when you would point $QTDIR to $(pwd)/foo or a other place
below $RPM_BUILD_DIR.

It looks like Mandriva build it without such tricks, but they do install
manually:
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/26/dist/17/size/19258906/name/qtjambi-4.3.1-5mdv2008.0.src.rpm