Push packages from diverse maintainers

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Sat Nov 17 21:23:45 UTC 2007

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, Hans de Goede wrote:

> Or, do not do soname / ABI breaking updates in a stable release?

Of course, and would do, unless the damn users were filing bugzilla
tickets on me all the time. The update is already done in devel.

There is no clear policy here, user wants her hardware (Creative ZEN) to
work with current F-8, can I just close that as "won't fix", wait for F-9
or build from source?

(And no, since I am not doing this for a living I have no time to
backport it, not that it'd be a good idea.)

Linus