Package for Qt-Jambi?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Sun Nov 18 01:47:53 UTC 2007

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 12:55:16 -0500, Kelly Miller wrote:

> Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > If you control the value of $QTDIR, you also control what $QTDIR/include
> > contains (or points to). I still don't understand where you need root
> > access when you would point $QTDIR to $(pwd)/foo or a other place
> > below $RPM_BUILD_DIR
> Because in order for the system to compile at all, $QTDIR HAS to point
> at /usr/lib/qt4.

Why?

> Otherwise the system will incorrectly find the Qt3
> versions of the Qt tools (qmake, etc.) and error out.

Why? When you redirect QTDIR, why would it do that?

$ rpm -qa 'qt*devel'
qt4-devel-4.3.2-1.fc8

> However, there is
> no link from /usr/lib/qt4/include to /usr/include, so the system can't
> find the headers.

QTDIR is an environment variable, which does not need to point to
/usr/lib/qt4. You can point $QTDIR/include to /usr/include. See below.

> The system, as I said before, is set up on the
> assumption that everything related to Qt is installed in one folder.
> This is normal if you download the source directly from Trolltech's
> website and compile it yourself, but not if you install it via package
> because of the FHS.  Hence my comment that this is catering to the
> Windows users (because they'd be in this situation 100% of the time,
> whereas Mac/Linux/Solaris/BSD users would not).

mkdir $(pwd)/QTDIR
ln -s /usr/include $(pwd)/QTDIR/include
ln -s /usr/lib $(pwd)/QTDIR/lib
ln -s /usr/lib/qt4/bin $(pwd)/QTDIR/bin
export QTDIR=$(pwd)/QTDIR
export JAVADIR=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-icedtea-1.7.0.0
cd generator
qmake-qt4
make
./generator
cd -
qtmake-qt4 -r
make

At that point I've interrupted the build, but it certainly had started
building hundreds of C++ files using Qt 4 with compiler args that
looked fine.