Package maintenance

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 12:15:31 UTC 2007

2007/11/18, Tanguy Eric <eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr>:
> I'm the maintainer of ushare (UPnP (TM) A/V Media Server) which use
> libupnp. A new version (1.1) will be out soon and this version use a new
> lib http://libdlna.geexbox.org/ which need ffmpeg-devel.ffmpeg is part
> of livna repo because it is not free i guess. So i will have to port
> libdlna and ushare to livna because it use a non free package ?
ffmpeg is patent encumbered but it is free software... So it will be
available in the free section of RPM Fusion...
If this new package is optional from ushare then you might need to
provide it with as a plugin for ushare somehow...

And we will see how to prevent replacing ushare package..

Nicolas (kwizart )