PackageDB Documentation (was Re: FESCo meeting today at 20:00 UTC!)

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Nov 19 22:22:13 UTC 2007

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 01:55:24PM -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Patrice Dumas wrote:
>>
>> * And I think it could be nice to have somebody knowledgable in packagedb
>>   to add something in the wiki, especially a page that can be reached from
>>   the main page, with some explanation and links to where packagedb is
>>   used.
>>
> I've started a page here:
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UsingPackagedb
>
> Please send questions that I can answer to fill this page with useful
> information.  I'll be adding some of the things that I think will help
> people but having specific questions can show what I'm missing.

Looks good. I think that it would be nice to have the response to
'how do I see the package foo informations', 'by looking at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/foo'.

There should be something about orphan packages, it can simply be a link
to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/OrphanedPackages

Also maybe the answer to 'How can I add an entry in the Packagedb, for
me or a co-maintainer' with simply a redirection to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CVSAdminProcedure#head-529da50ad0b5cf0bedb9fdf47569c76657d79a7b

--
Pat