WTF? Inaccessible bug reports?

Christopher Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 17:02:10 UTC 2007

On 20/11/2007, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:20:49 +0000
> Bastien Nocera <bnocera at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Jesse, if you'd be so kind to mention that to the people from the
> > Software Engineering Group, the internal support tools don't help
> > there.
> >
> > I've been barking up that tree for more than 3 years, didn't seem to
> > get much more movement than "you're right"...
>
> Well, the problem is I don't have good suggestions on how to fix it.

As a start, could someone who handles the bz installation possibly
change the "You are not authorized..." to include the reasons Daniel
named earlier, namely:

"Some bugs are restricted because they have security implications which
are under embargo, or they are RHEL bugs with customer or partner
data in them which can't be made public due to obvious confidentiality
requirements."

as I have to agree the Big Red Message is a bit ... stark.

No, I realise this won't resolve the issue at hand but would be
appreciated by others who may come across this in future.

Cheers
Chris

--
http://www.chruz.com