Fedora Orphaned Package Removal: November 29th 2007

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Nov 20 17:50:09 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 20 November 2007, Warren Togami wrote:
> Fedora Engineering Steering Committee is considering removal of packages
> from rawhide who have been without owners since prior to Fedora 8
> sometime after the next FESCO meeting on November 29th.  The Fedora
> Project routinely removes unmaintained packages from future
> distributions in order to responsibly scale the growth of maintenance
> burden with developer resources available within the project.
>
> http://fedorapeople.org/~wtogami/temp/rawhide-removals.txt
> Packages listed on this page are scheduled for removal unless an
> existing Fedora maintainer claims ownership.

The following packages were orphaned by me *after* the F8 release specifically
because I thought that'd help them from being garbage collected almost
immediately (yes, from devel), so something is inconsistent with the two
paragraphs above.

gkrellm-weather, libid3tag, openct, opensc, pcsc-perl, pcsc-tools

Also, as far as I know, the cdiff package has already been orphaned and pruned
from the repos since FE-4.  It should not be brought back, colordiff replaces
it.