[Fwd: Font issues (mkfontdir & friends not getting run) with F-8]

Behdad Esfahbod besfahbo at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 23:27:46 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 13:11 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:

> 2) The gtk-update-icon-cache way, so conditionally run mkfontdir and friends
>     from scripts, if installed. And on installation of mkfontdir, run it for all
>     dirs under /etc/X11/fontpath.d

This is what we do for fontconfig caches too.  From DejaVu:

%post
if [ -x %{_bindir}/fc-cache ]; then
  %{_bindir}/fc-cache %{fontdir}
fi

%postun
if [ "$1" = "0" ]; then
  if [ -x %{_bindir}/fc-cache ]; then
    %{_bindir}/fc-cache %{fontdir}
  fi
fi

%post experimental
if [ -x %{_bindir}/fc-cache ]; then
  %{_bindir}/fc-cache %{fontdir}
fi

%postun experimental
if [ "$1" = "0" ]; then
  if [ -x %{_bindir}/fc-cache ]; then
    %{_bindir}/fc-cache %{fontdir}
  fi
fi

%post -n %{fontname}-lgc-fonts
if [ -x %{_bindir}/fc-cache ]; then
  %{_bindir}/fc-cache %{fontdir}
fi

%postun -n %{fontname}-lgc-fonts
if [ "$1" = "0" ]; then
  if [ -x %{_bindir}/fc-cache ]; then
    %{_bindir}/fc-cache %{fontdir}
  fi
fi

Just go ahead and add similar bits for X core protocol fonts to the font
SIG spec template (after passing through Nicolas that is), but make it
clear that no new packages should add those bits.  Only fonts that used
to have them should now do it like this.

And all font packages should be cleans of ghost font-cache.1 files, yes.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/