WTF? Inaccessible bug reports?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 01:04:50 UTC 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 3:27 PM, Olivier Galibert <galibert at pobox.com> wrote:
> That's an interesting concept.  Orthogonal to what we're talking
> about, but still interesting.

I'm not sure its orthogonal.. tangential perhaps.

> I'm not sure why so many people here think users should spend half
> their time installing software they're missing.

Because for other, established, usage cases that have seen significant
discussion, having a lot of stuff you don't need installed has costs
in terms of security and bandwidth consumption when doing things like
updates.  What you are doing is firmly outside of the usage cases for
which any coherent plan has been even described let along attempted to
be implemented as part of this project.  A subproject to make
everything or nearly everything installs work from a kickstart file or
from a specialally designed spin doesn't sound like something that
could not be done as part of F9   release prep. But there has to be
people willing to drive this forward. Are you one of these people?
You clearly care about the issue, but are you prepared to step up and
chart a course to see improvement in a family of usage cases that
matter to you?

> Disk is cheap, time isn't.
This statement goes against the fundamental axioms by which graduate
students come into being.
You just need more graduate students.

-jef"is anyone working on a Fedora spin meant for cluster usage already?"spaleta