Changing the rpm default queryformat to include arch

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 13:08:51 UTC 2007

> Panu Matilainen wrote:

> >> Can't you unconditionally have a epoch number listed all the time? 0
> >> if there is no epoch for that package.
> >
> > Obviously you CAN, but do you REALLY want to?
>
> Personally, yes. I would like to see epoch listed always so that we get
> a consistent format for other scripts to parse.

Scripts can always use "--qf ...". I'd argue that people who use rpm
interactively in most cases don't want to see the epoch prefixed if
there is none. And there is none:

nils at gibraltar:~> rpm -q --qf '%{n}-%{epoch}:%{v}-%{r}.%{arch}\n' initscripts
initscripts-(none):8.60-1.x86_64

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com
 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."  --  B. Franklin, 1759