Two Problems

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Mon Nov 26 21:33:19 UTC 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:10:39 -0800, Eric Work wrote:

> Hey Everyone,
>
> I have two problems with my package: gtkdatabox
>
> 1. After updating the package source and spec file for gtkdatabox for
> FC-5 and FC-6 and attempting a build, I realized that the pango version
> available in those releases is too old.  Upstream only mentioned a
> dependency on gtk+ 2.8 not pango 1.16.  I will inform upstream also but
> how should I resolve this.  The question is how should I revert back to
> an older version of the package?

If it built fine in the buildsys, we can delete the build from the
needsign repo and don't push it. In CVS, however, you can simply revert to
the files from the previous package release. Look at something like "cvs
log gtkdatabox.spec" for the tags you've applied before, check out the
older package with a given tag and commit the files to CVS HEAD again.

> 2. The other problem is that gtkdatabox is unable to build on x86_64 do
> to some problem with -fPIC even though it's being used when the source
> files are compile.  I was able to compile the source on my 64-bit Ubuntu
> machine with no problems.  Maybe a problem with autotools?  The koji
> taskID is: 259807.

There are suspicious compiler warnings in the build log, too. Since I
cannot give it a try on x86_64 myself, it might be worthwhile to fix the
warnings first.

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=259814&name=build.log