NetworkManager-umts

Pekka Pietikainen pp at ee.oulu.fi
Tue Nov 27 13:27:42 UTC 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 03:52:18AM -0800, Randy Wyatt wrote:
>    It depends on the network setup and whether the mobile operator has
>    implemented wildcard APN.  also since some APN's are verified against
>    Radius such as those used by Police,  the user name and password can be
>    very important.  If there are questions about this, I am happy to help.  I
>    work for a wireless data card manufacturer..
Also you can set the default APN in the phone, typically.

Favourite failure mode of GPRS not working in Linux btw, having a 10.x.x.x
network on eth0, pppd wants to use 10.6.6.6 as the remote end (doesn't
really matter what it is) -> fail, and very hard to figure
out why it doesn't work.

And pppd might need noaccomp etc.

My point, an "advanced" tab for configuring the thing is unfortunately
necessary even if atdt*99*# usually works.

--
Pekka Pietikainen