NetworkManager-umts

Pekka Pietikainen pp at ee.oulu.fi
Tue Nov 27 15:28:25 UTC 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 05:36:57AM -0800, Randy Wyatt wrote:
>      .
>      Also you can set the default APN in the phone, typically.
>
>    Yes,  as specified in 27.007 for GSM/UMTS cards, the command to do so is
>    AT+CGDCONT=cid,"PDPtype","APN name"
Or go Settings/Connection/GPRS/Access point and type it in :P
(on Nokia Series 60). Great when you're only given the option
to change the phone number you want to dial into by your OS.

>    Does your network support WINS/NetBIOS ?  I have seen this problem with
>    [2]10.11.12.13 and [3]10.11.12.14 being hardcoded in Qualcomm based
>    chipsets,  and this is an NV item that can be changed .
I hope not on the provider end :P  But you never know. I think
the fix was just giving " :1.2.3.4  " or whatnot on the pppd command line,
and that makes it force the remote end to be 1.2.3.4. The address only
gets in the routing table so it doesn't really matter what gets used.

--
Pekka Pietikainen