Changing the rpm default queryformat to include arch

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Tue Nov 27 15:28:52 UTC 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> If limiting visibility of the epochs is the argument, then why is it ok for
> end user tools such as pirut (not to mention yum itself and all related
> tools) to show them?

gui tools != *nix pipeline tools -- if this is an unknown
distinction, we are all doomed.

Epoch, like or not, has a checkered history; Arch is even
stinkier with multilib.

Change the silly default macro if one wishes, but be prepared
to support explaining why it is different for many years to
come.

Heavens, we still see questions about the rpm -ba -> rpmbuild
transition, 5 years later.

-- Russ Herrold