Changing the rpm default queryformat to include arch

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 18:44:20 UTC 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 9:32 AM, Jima <jima at beer.tclug.org> wrote:
>   I wasn't dismissing your suggestion out of hand.  (Sorry, I should have
> been clearer.)  I'd advocate for a different separator if possible, though
> (_ maybe?).  - is a bit heavily used, appearing in the %name (as many as 5
> times!), and as a separator between %name, %version, and %release.
> Occasionally, with numbers in %name, it can take a moment to tell where
> %name ends and %version begins. :-)
>   Fortunately, the really unreadable RPM filenames I have an issue with
> aren't in Fedora.

Honestly since - is overused already, its not going to hurt legibility
anymore by reusing it again.  If we were going to enforce legibility
we would have a specific character designated as a field separator and
forbid it to be used in any tag field.

Doesn't the extended ascii character set include a smiley face up in
the table near the end? We could use that.. or maybe we could use the
ascii 1/2 character as the field seperator

-jef"name(ascii:204)epoch(ascii:199)version(ascii:197)release(ascii:182)arch(ascii:236)"spaleta