RSSOwl status?

Jack Tanner ihok at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 27 21:02:03 UTC 2007

As far as I can tell by googling around, RSSOwl 1.x got dropped at some
point because it depended on iText, which had licensing issues. RSSOwl 2.x,
which is not yet out, will dispense with iText, and we can have it back then.

In the meantime, RSSOwl 2.x is up to Milestone 6, and iText's homepage
talks about a dual LGPL/MPL license. It'd be nice if we could could we have
RSSOwl in some form now. Either 2M6 or 1.2 with the (seemingly kosher) iText
would be great.