Disable RPM's autoprovide function

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Wed Nov 28 02:07:45 UTC 2007

Stewart Adam wrote:

> libGL.so.1 is automatically
> provided because of the scripts that RPM runs at the end of a build - Is
> there some way to override this or disable it so that libGL.so.1 is only
> provided by mesa-libGL?

There's some examples here for filtering dependencies, albeit for perl,
it may be possible to adapt it or figure out something similar for sonames

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Perl

There's also

AutoReqProv: no

which can be used to disable automatic dependency processing entirely
but obviously any necessary dependencies would need to be specified
manually. This is the 'sledgehammer  to crack a nut approach' I guess.

--
Ian Chapman.