alpha/beta software in Fedora 8?

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 09:19:55 UTC 2007

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:38:12 -0500, Jesse Keating scripst:
> However what Chris and others are asking for is a general guideline to
> help maintainers use their best judgment and that's what I attempted to
> provide. We're providing some criteria for which the maintainer to base
> their judgment on.

OK, but please don't call it "policy" (which implicates at least for this
former lawyer a set of binding rules), but something like "Some hints on
finding out whether the upstream relase is good enough for Fedora". I am
afraid, that policy-wise we cannot make any better rule for maintainers
than "Don't be stupid" or something of this sort.

Matěj

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz

Of course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings,
and whores all get respectable if they last long enough.
      --John Huston in "Chinatown."