alpha/beta software in Fedora 8?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 11:57:42 UTC 2007

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:19:55 +0100
Matej Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com> wrote:

> OK, but please don't call it "policy" (which implicates at least for
> this former lawyer a set of binding rules), but something like "Some
> hints on finding out whether the upstream relase is good enough for
> Fedora". I am afraid, that policy-wise we cannot make any better rule
> for maintainers than "Don't be stupid" or something of this sort.

I'm not really interested in playing word games.  If you must, call it
a Guideline to match our Packaging Guidelines.  I don't want there to
be 10 different terms for these things in our wiki.  So far we have
policy and guideline.  Pick one of those to file this under, I don't
care which.

--
Jesse Keating