alpha/beta software in Fedora 8?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 12:01:13 UTC 2007

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:07:27 +0100
Matej Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com> wrote:

> Yes, it is pedantry (what did you expect from me?), but it has some
> real life consequences -- Tom's long boring paragraph which no sane
> maintainer will ever read (I am afraid) is one example of trying to
> be too legalistic IMHO.

Please don't speak for our maintainer base like this.  I know plenty of
"sane" maintainers who would gladly read a few paragraphs regarding
what the project would like to see in general followed for updating
packages.  We far too often fall into the trap of thinking that we're
overwhelming maintainers when in reality we're often so terse that they
have no earthly idea what we want and just go along and do whatever.

Lets give our maintainers a bit more credit and provide them some
breadcrumbs to follow.

--
Jesse Keating