Bootup speed for F8

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 20:57:52 UTC 2007

2007/11/30, Jon Masters <jcm at redhat.com>:
> Yo,
>
> Just to chime in here...one of the guys tells me he has a patch to
> module-init-tools that shaves about a second or so off boot. I'm ok with
> taking this kind of stuff, and encourage it! But I don't think modprobe
> is really where we're spending all of our time on boot.
>
> Jon.

Most time seems to be in kernel booting, udev and x starting (+gdm)

@Adam Jackson
can you make that patched X version available in Fedora 8 as a
unstable package? or just somewhere that it doesn't get in the
official repository? i would like to give it a spin (without
installing rawhide if possible)