Fluendo codecs in Fedora 8?

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Thu Nov 1 07:14:50 UTC 2007

lør, 27 10 2007 kl. 16:52 +0200, skrev Valent Turkovic:
> On 10/27/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > Valent Turkovic wrote:

> > > This is the reply I got from fluendo support:
> > >
> > >       to              Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com>
> > >       cc              Fluendo Store Manager <contact at fluendo.com>
> > >       date            Oct 26, 2007 10:42 AM
> > >       subject         Re: Fluendo codecs in Fedora 8?
> > >
> > > Yes we know about that problem and we are pushing Intel everyday to
> > > provide us with a version of IPP that does not do text relocation.
> > >
> > > Sorry for the frustration that it creates.
> >
> > You can consider filing a RFE against SELinux policy to not deny this.
> >
> > Rahul
> >

> Thanks Rahul, I'll try that...

What is the bug number for this?

If we can't make this happen then the Codecbuddy feature kinda falls
apart, requiring the user first to click his way through a dialog then
drop to a shell and invoke SELinux magic in accordance to the "known
issues" page which.. nobody appears to read.

- David, your friend neighborhood QA monkey.