Fedora 8 Test3 and lack of sound settings in a firstboot

Andrew Parker andrewparker at bigfoot.com
Sat Nov 3 12:12:19 UTC 2007

On 11/3/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:51:46 +0100
> "Marcin Zajączkowski" <mszpak at wp.pl> wrote:
>
> > In Fedora 7 there was a sound detection step in a firstboot. It's
> > missing in 7.92. Was it regarded as useless or there were problems
> > with integration with PulseAudio?
>
> Pretty much regarded as useless.

I found it useful.  If no sound is produced, it prompts you to send
some debug files off to bugzilla (which I didn't do as the debug info
was sufficient to determine that someone else already had done).  I've
also had an entertaining time in the past where some processes have
prevented other processes accessing the sound card.  At first boot, I
am as as confident as I can be that that this isn't the case.