Fedora 8 on Asus S5A; asus_laptop parameters and wireless enable/disable function key

Trond Danielsen trond.danielsen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 14:36:31 UTC 2007

2007/11/4, KH KH <kwizart at gmail.com>:
> 2007/11/4, Trond Danielsen <trond.danielsen at gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > My laptop has a wireless enable/disable function key, which previously
> > only disabled the wireless network and it could only be enabled by
> > rebooting into Windows. In Fedora 8 I can finally both enable and
> > disable the network by adding the parameter wapf=4 to modprobe
> > (modprobe asus_laptop wapf=4). This means that I can finally wipe out
> > my Windows partition. Horray! :)
> >
> > My question is very simple: Which component should I file the bug against?
>
> Did you sent your /proc/acpi/dsdt file to the asus4acpi project at sourceforge ?

The laptop is already supported by the asus_laptop driver:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1455776&group_id=81433&atid=562934

Dmesg snippet below:

asus-laptop: Asus Laptop Support version 0.42
asus-laptop:   S5A model detected
Registered led device: asus:mail

--
Trond Danielsen