virt-manager

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Sun Nov 4 17:14:27 UTC 2007

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 11:54:24AM -0500, Ray Strode wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Nov 4, 2007 11:42 AM, Mark Bidewell <mark.bidewell at alumni.clemson.edu> wrote:
> > I was looking at virt-manager in F8 and I notoced that it no longer
> > seems to have gui install capability.  has this been removed
> > intentionally or is this a bug?
> I think the UI is just a lot more complicated to use then it used to
> be.  If you go
>
> File > Open Connection
>
> then choose "Connect" it will create an item in the window.  You then
> need to click a paper icon with a star in the upper right hand corner.

It shouldn't be neccessary to explicitly connect to the local machine - if
you have no existing host connections remembered in gconf, it will try to
automatically add a connection to the local Xen or KVM instance.  Yes, the
'new VM' icon has proved to be a little too subtle for many people, so
we'll likely revise that bit of UI to make it more obvious in an update.

Regards,
Dan.