Doxygen and multilib

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 19:02:07 UTC 2007

On 10/31/07, Eric Sandeen <sandeen at redhat.com> wrote:
> Linus Walleij wrote:
> > OK so I have that problem where Doxygen generates links as hashes
> > including something like a time stamp, so the -devel packages end up
> > causing multilib conflicts.
> >
> > Is there some silver bullet to actually SOLVE this?
> >
> > I saw that Hans solved this by tar.gz:ing up the docs and add as separate
> > source and then suppress compile-time building of the docs, replacing with
> > pre-generated contents.
> >
> > Myself I simply deleted the docs for now.
> >
> > I sort of believe Doxygen should be fixed to do something more
> > predictable, atleast on request.
>
> I'd like to see that too - I took a quick look at how it generates the
> hashes, and couldn't find it.  :)  But if it could be seeded with some
> predictable thing based on what it's parsing, maybe it could be made
> consistent?

doxygen is using its own home brewed md5 hash generator in the libmd5/
directory.  This code gets called from the MemberDef::setAnchor()
function in src/memberdef.cpp

My guess is that doxygen's libmd5 code does not work correctly on
64bit systems.  Perhaps doxygen should be enhanced to use the
coreutils md5 algorithm or mhash or something.