desktop file handling question

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 14:14:37 UTC 2007

Paul Howarth wrote:

> Neal Becker wrote:
>> I just updated kdiff3 from upstream.  It has added:
>> %{_datadir}/applnk/.hidden/kdiff3plugin.desktop
>>
>> I just added this to %files.  I'm guessing it doesn't need special
>> handling, like desktop-file-install?
>
> No, you _must_ run desktop-file-install
>
> See: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#desktop
>
> Paul.

Does this look correct?
(Note, make install already installed into the same path. I'm assuming
desktop-file-install is OK with source==dest and --delete-original)

desktop-file-install  --vendor fedora \
        --dir $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_datadir}/applnk/.hidden \
        --delete-original \
        $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_datadir}/applnk/.hidden/kdiff3plugin.desktop