When will be CVS replaced by modern version control system?

King InuYasha ngompa13 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 12:36:35 UTC 2007

Well, Bazaar and Mercurial can both support semi-centralized repository
systems. In the Enano CMS Project, we created a public mirror of all the
repositories that are worked on in Nighthawk, which is the build and
development server of all the work in Mercurial revisions of Enano CMS.
While realistically Fedora cannot have such a system, the principle of
designating certain branches of repositories for central authorization so
that stuff like QA can manage it is possible with a single repository
setting. Heck, I think even Ubuntu does that with Bazaar. Though as far as
distributed VCSes go, I prefer Mercurial. Since Fedora is a Linux OS, I
suppose it is fine to use GIT, but I try to avoid non-cross platform VCSes.