After Fedora 8 comes Fedora 9!

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 18:52:11 UTC 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 01:41:19PM -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:

 > For those of you that were early adopters of Fedora 8 and joined the
 > Rawhide bandwagon, but want to get off at the Fedora 8 stop, I suggest
 > that you ensure your 'development' yum repo is disabled.  For those of
 > you that wish to continue to enjoy Rawhide, I suggest you ensure that
 > your 'fedora', and any updates repos are disabled, and make sure that
 > your development repo remains enabled.

People get bitten by this every release.  And no doubt, people
will this release too, because not all useres will read your
announcement.

Could we do a final update to fedora-release just before we
do the final compose to do the right thing to the repo files?

I'm sure I was talking with someone about this not too long ago,
and it was a "solved" problem, but from your message, it seems
that isn't the case.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk