openid support for f9?

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 21:54:58 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 15:41 -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:
> Authentication is absolutely necessary, but it is a different problem.
> Once you are authenticated you need an ID to represent you. I am not
> advocating the UUID to be a blanket credential by itself.

Replying myself just to be clear, when I say UUID I do not mean the RFC
definition of it, just the english one: Unique User IDentifier.

It can be anything, even an email address for what I care.
Any string that can be unique will do, it only needs to be abstract as
it should be made possible to represent anything as an Identity: A user,
a group, a machine, a service, a process, an abstract concept like
"Authenticated user", or "everyone" too in theory.

Simo.