Wireless WPA2 Personal Missing

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Fri Nov 9 01:44:08 UTC 2007

So I installed Werewolf on a laptop, and now I can't get wireless
working. I've set up WPA2 Personal Security and it worked with F7 +
NetworkManager. For now, I can't see the "WPA2 Personal" option in F8. I
thought that was one of the supported systems. Bug or known issue?

The second isn't a big problem but might be something the devs might be
interested in. I've a DLink DWL-G650 PCMCIA card and I used to use
madwifi's ath_pci module with it in F7. Worked like a charm. Apparently
in F8, there's a module that keeps getting loaded called ath5k.
Unfortunately, NetworkManager isn't picking up the interface when that
gets loaded. I rmmod it and modprobe ath_pci and everything seems to
work (except I can't get WPA2 Personal to work). Bug?
--

Richi Plana