kernel crash during fedora 8 upgrade on hp nx6125?

Farkas Levente lfarkas at bppiac.hu
Sat Nov 10 00:32:41 UTC 2007

hi,
after some google search i found out how to get through the dependencies
resolution after 26% (remove dbus, expat and avahi) i able to ugrade 3
of my workstations to f8. the problem comes when i try to upgrade my hp
nx6125 laptop which has exactly the same packages installed as my
workstations and works with fedora 7 (i386 and still would like to use
i386). after another few google i found these:
http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3277
http://www.clasohm.com/blog/one-entry?entry_id=14560
i exactly has the same syndrome with f8 upgrade from dvd ie. it'e
terrible slow (10-100 times!!!). if i gives the noapic nolapic kernel
option for the installer it's use the normal speed, but kernel crash
when start /sbin/loader.
so my question is there any solution for this?
is it a kernel bug or is there any solution to be able to upgrade to f8
and use it in an acceptable speed?
thanks in advance.