common-lisp-controller for Fedora

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Sun Nov 11 20:18:18 UTC 2007

Anthony Green wrote:
> I've created a draft Feature page on the wiki to copy Debian's
> common-lisp-controller package and methodology for installing Common
> Lisp implementations and libraries.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/CommonLispController

Here are some sample packages for comment:

* http://spindazzle.org/Fedora/cl-asdf-20071110-2.fc8.src.rpm

Many lisp implementations come with asdf already, but
common-lisp-controller needs access to some code that doesn't appear to
ship in some (sbcl for instance).  We will need to install an
independently packaged one.

* http://spindazzle.org/Fedora/common-lisp-controller-6.12-2.fc8.src.rpm

This package provides the core scripts and lisp code.

* http://spindazzle.org/Fedora/sbcl-1.0.10-2.fc8.src.rpm

Here's a version of sbcl that has been modified to work with
common-lisp-controller.

* http://spindazzle.org/Fedora/cl-s-xml-20051120-1.fc8.src.rpm

This is a sample lisp library (Fedora currently packages none due to
lack of standards).  Install this, fire up sbcl, and enter "(require
's-xml)".  common-lisp-controller fires off the compiler and fasl files
are produced under /var/cache/common-lisp-controller.  Note that I'm
prefixing the package name with "cl-".  I was against this for java
libraries, but I'm for it in the lisp world.  Many libraries already use
that prefix upstream.

I'd love to get some feedback from maintainers of the lisp implementations.

Thanks,

AG