Praise for F-8

ne... guhvies at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 10:29:24 UTC 2007

On 12/11/2007, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at hi.is> wrote:
> ne... wrote:
> > Lucky you. I can not get past selecting drivers to use on a fresh
> > install before it baffs with a double error or some such. I guess that
> > means I am on FC7 for now.
> Could you be more specific of what is preventing you to do
> fresh install/upgrade to FC8?
I am trying to do a fresh install. I do not do upgrades. I adjust my grub.conf
to boot the kernel I need so I can do a hard drive install. I get to
select language and keyboard. I then specify that I am doing a hard
drive install when I then get told I need to specify drivers. I then
need to select the sata_sil and sata_nv drivers. At this point I get a
double free error. I cannot proceed further from here.

> Provide us with double error or some such output...
> And some HW info and take a look at
AMD X2 4400+ Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra-939 mobo, 2x 80GB & 1x 200GB
Western Digital hard drives.

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/F8Common
> to see if any fits your scenario?
Nope, none do.

ne...
Certified: 75% bastard, 42% of which is tard.
http://www.thespark.com/bastardtest
Now accepting personal mail for GMail invites.