sending multiple (different) smolt profiles

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 12 11:39:43 UTC 2007

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> On 11/12/07, Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have 2 laptops and I used the smoltSendProfile and I seem to get the
>> same url for both laptops, ie. the later sent profile overwrites the
>> previous one...
>>
>> I'm sending both profiles from same adsl line and I'm behing a NAT
>> adsl router, so could this be an issue (same IP) ?
>>
>> Is this a feature or a bug?
>>
>> How can I send multiple laptop profiles and see them all online?
>>
>> Thank you very much in advance,
>> Valent.
>>

> This is the profile:
> http://smolt.fedoraproject.org/show?UUID=c8dbb9d3-a9bd-4ba6-b92e-4a294ba5a95f
Hey Valent,

I noticed that myself when I first looked at your distorted audio entry
in bugzilla - I saw a machine with vmware graphics and vmware {amd}
pcnet card.
I was about to say that doesn't make sense in the bug, so I decided to
copy an paste the uuid from the bugzilla again. I then found that it was
showing the HP machine that matched what you had attached in the bug.

1. Did you send an entry for a vmware machine at all ?
- if not then the "universally unique" ids might be gettting screwed and
the smolt folks need to know quick smart.

2. Did you copy your data between new and old machines {or vms}, perhaps
copying the storage of the smolt UUID ?

3. {smolt devs} Perhaps the web interface is having problems - eg the
data is correctly sent and stored, but we are actually getting a
different record's entry sometimes when we query the smolt data ?

DaveT.