Build system using fc9 tag for Fedora 8 builds

Michel Salim michel.sylvan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 15:13:05 UTC 2007

On 12/11/2007, Robert Marcano <robert at marcanoonline.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 14:32 +0000, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> > On 12/11/2007, Robert Marcano <robert at marcanoonline.com> wrote:
> > > just look at this, fc9 is the "dist" being used on a build for the F8
> > > branch. This just break this line on my spec file
> > >
> > > %if 0%{?fedora} == 8

> > I ran into this yesterday, and Jesse straightened me out - you need to
> > do a "cvs up-d"
> >

> I did that, and a complete cvs checkout before trying the higher release
> tag (only the later solved it)

Had a similar problem -- if the package was tagged when devel was FC8,
during the build Koji will build it as F9 (the current devel disttag).
And you cannot re-tag the F8 tree even with TAG_OPTS=-F because CVS
won't let you override across branches.

Found out belatedly, though, that koji has an option to move the
target to a different 'tag' (confusing terminology mix-up there):

        move-pkg             'Move' one or more packages between tags

Regards,

--
Michel Salim