Firefox 3

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Nov 13 20:02:54 UTC 2007

Parag N(????????????) writes:
> Hi,
> >
> > Stay tuned for an update in the next two weeks.  We got this working
> > last week, but there's a few things we want to clean up before it's put
> > into rawhide.  Putting it into rawhide will also mean breaking several
> > things such as epiphany, yelp, devhelp, and every other application that
> > uses gecko right now.  So there is a high cost that we want to be in a
> > position to communicate well as to the proper way to solve rather than
> > simply leave broken for people to figure it out.
>      Good News that last week mozilla developers resolved all beta1
> blocker bugs. According to their weekly meeting status, beta1 is code
> complete now. So I am waiting for Firefox 3's Beta1(M9) release. once
> its released we can think on its inclusion in rawhide.

May I venture that a11y is looking for an upversioning in Gecko across
the board? As things stand, the current help system is inaccessible. The
Mozilla and Gnome Summits last month both decided to try and move
distributions toward Gecko 1.9 (at least) in order to make help more
usable through alternative interfaces. So, hopefully, the "right thing
to do" will include newer Gecko.

Janina