pptp-linux (pptp) on a Fedora DVD

Frank Schmitt ich at frank-schmitt.net
Tue Nov 13 13:21:58 UTC 2007

Sander Vermin <sander at vermin.nl> writes:

>>> So, questions are:
>>> 1. Why pptp package is still not there? Some license issues?
>>> 2. Will it be included in Fedora DVD?
>>> 3. How can i help?
>>>

>> You could help by creating a feature page which focus on including
>> the package and smoothing out other configuration issues.  It sounds
>> like this enhancement could benefit a lot of users :)
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy
>>
>> If you need help with creating a feature page, please let me know.
>>
>> John
>>
> It would be a big plus if we use NetworkManager's vpn pptp client for
> the graphical part.
>
> Tis is available for KNetworkManager but nog for GNOME.

In fact the front end is available but it doesn't work, as the back end
is excluded in NetworkManager.

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough