setup filesystem requires and minimal system

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Nov 14 15:09:23 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 10:02:12AM -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:26:40 +0100
> Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
>
> > I guess that there is a comps group for base system (I checked, it is
> > the Core group), but one should not think along this comps group, but
> > along a user who would want to do the minimal install (certainly in a
> > chroot).
> >
> > Has anybody done something similar?
>
> Why wouldn't you think comps group?  yum --install-root=/path/to/chroot
> groupinstall 'Core'

Because I was asking about the really minimal package set. The idea is
to have an idea of what packages should be installed, whatever comps
groups are. Core is still a big package set. If you really want to stick
on comps, the question could be what would be most reduced comps group?
Would there even be glibc, sysvinit.... see my post in it?

--
Pat