Review queue/FESCo after the merge

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 21:34:47 UTC 2007

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:16:36 +0100
Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:

> Look at it this way, Fedora is all about Freedom, but since the
> merger the Freedom for contributers (esp. packagers) has been greatly
> reduced. Take the new release engineering proposals for example, I
> have some ideas about this, but the entire release engineering crowd
> had already precooked there ideas and unanimously disagreed with
> mine, or atleast that is how I perceived this.
>
> Most typically of all this I guess is this alinea: This will probably
> be my last mail in this thread, as I see no use in continuing this
> dicussion, why? Because I no longer believe that discussions like
> this will cause any changes.

Wow, I am somewhat blindsided by this.

I created the proposal after talking to some people and posted it out
on the net for review, long before even the rel-eng group voted on it.
I asked for all kinds of feed back, multiple times.  I had to get the
releng group to agree to it, and FESCo an opportunity to agree to it.
There was discussion on list and changes made.  What more were you
looking for?

--
Jesse Keating